Brashier Middle College offers an academic assistance program for students to receive additional help in their courses. Students wishing to re-take tests to improve grades can do so only after participating in Academic Assistance. Academic Assistance is available to any student regardless of grade averages or test scores.
Academic Assistance Schedule
*Senior Project - check with your Senior Project teachers
ACADEMIC ASSISTANCE ATTENDANCE
1. Students that drop below 80% at the end of a quarter for any specific class will be required to attend Academic Assistance. Students and parents will be notified of this in Student Led Conferences and will sign a contract to attend Academic Assistance on the necessary days. A student will be released from the contract at the teacher's discretion..
2. Students who have 80 or better want to come to AA so that they can re-test to improve their grade, allow them to do so. It is a good thing to want to improve.
ACADEMIC ASSISTANCE SESSION
1. Academic Assistance is held from 3:00-3:50 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
2. In Academic Assistance, teachers can re-teach, help students with assignments that they have struggled with, or work on homework
3. All students must attend Academic Assistance during the assigned day of the week of Friday re-testing.
1. Retests will be given Friday afternoons during the Common Planning period in the designated room. Teachers should place tests, with student names on them, in labeled folders (teacher name) and give them to Ann Shockling no later than 11:00 a.m. Friday. All re-tests should be given within 2 weeks of the first test. A student must come to the AA the second week to be able to retest on that second Friday.
2. The retest should be a new test—different format and different questions.
3. If students show no effort in class (cite specific evidence) or do not attend Academic Assistance, there will be no retest.
4. The first test will count no more than 1/3 of the grade.